Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Presents via Amazon

"Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays."  Name that movie! ugh Monday but there was one thing that made my the day uber exciting ...presents via Amazon.  I ordered some books on Amazon about a week ago and they finally arrived!!!!

First

Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day
 I have been wanting to make my own bread FOREVER but never thought I would have enough time.  This book shows you healthy ways to make large batches of dough (no kneading required) that will keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.   It requires little effort to make/bake multiple loaves of bread a week!   The first thing I plan on making is 100% whole wheat bread.  Others I can't wait to try Garlic Knots, Whole Grain Rye Bread, Pumpernickel Bread, Red Wine and Cheese Bread, Avocado-Guacamole Bread ...you get the picture I could go on and on with all the delcious, simple recipes in this book!

Second

Sewing Green.
 I first saw this book here at Maillardville Manor and knew I had to have it.  It is filled with great upcycled sewing projects.  It includes great ideas like a skirt made from a pillow case and slippers made from recycled sweaters! 
Some of my favorite projects

I want to make tons of cloth produce bags ( I have not wanted to spend the money to buy them and I hate using plastic, so I'll make them!)

This log draft buster is sooooo stinkin' cute! I.can't.stand.it

I have no aprons, none, crazy I know.  I love aprons and I have none. sigh. well I will just have to make some, like these made from men's dress shirts. This sewing book would be quite useless without a sewing machine....so my final present!!


A Sewing Machine!  My Dad actually got this as an early Christmas gift.  My step mom who is an amazing seamstress knew I was looking for a sewing machine and saw this awesome deal on Amazon.  She said it was a good sewing machine, for a good price, for a newbie.  I'll take her word for it.

I am very much a newbie but so excited to start on all these fabulous projects. 
I would also love to make some curtains for the house! and a bunch of  pillows.
 
Who out there is newbie sewer like me? A seasoned pro? Any advice?

* I was in no way compensated for this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...