Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Food (What I Ate Wednesday)

Is it feeling like fall where you are? It feels like fall here, the cool air, the falling leaves, I can smell fall in the air.  Although I love summer, fall is hands down my favorite time of year.  And all this fall weather is making me hungry for comfort food...

Breakfast: Peanut Butter/Banana Toast + Black Coffee + Water

Lunch: Polenta with mushrooms, green peppers, and cheese...yuuuuuuum (no picture sorry!) + Water

Snack: Vegan Fluffernutter courtesy of Dandies vegan marshmallows

Dinner:  Last Minute Soup (why is it called this well because I made it up in about 2 minutes tonight)

Last Minute Soup:
1 onion
2 carrots
1 yellow summer squash
4 red potatoes
4 cloves garlic
8 cups veggie broth
1 can chickpeas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1/2 tbsp simply organic garlic n' herb

In a large pot I sauteed onions and garlic until golden then added carrots, potatoes, and squash
sauteed for a few more minutes.  Then I added all the remaining ingredients, brought it to a boil, and then down to a simmer.  I let it simmer approximately 45 when the potatoes were soft. 

It was delish and the warm soup hit the spot with the chilly weather!

What is your favorite comfort food?




Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest quality

5 comments:

Kate said...

Okay, this is the third post I've seen this week on polenta-- I think it's time I try it. :) I wish it felt like fall here (we're in FL). Seasons, change already!

Rachael @ Fresh Squeezed Home said...

Kate. Polenta is amazing and super easy to make! I am loving fall but will be super jealous of you in January
-Rachael

Shannon said...

Your breakfast looks so good!

Anonymous said...

AHHH Dandies marshmallows are so goooooood I totally need to try them as a fluffernutter. to do!
and mashed banana is such a great topper for toast!!

Rachael @ Fresh Squeezed Home said...

I love mashed bananas I first saw it in a episode of Gilmore Girls ha ha. Its my go to toast topper!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...