Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is Your Coffee Green?

Source

It's National Coffee Day so I though this was the perfect time to discuss "green" and yummy coffee! (And in honor of a missed Treehugger Tuesday!)

Source
Source

I loooooove coffee. I read somewhere that over 500 billion cups of coffee are drank world wide each day. Unfortunately coffee isn't always grown in the most eco-friendly ways. Coffee plants are a shrub usually grown in the shade of the Rainforest canopy. However, full sun coffee produces more beans than shade. Because of this much coffee available is grown in full sun destroying the precious Rainforest and the animals that inhabit them. Pesticide use and "sweat shop" conditions are more problems plaguing coffee growth.

The best coffee to look for is organic, fair trade, and shade grown!

Some yummolicious green coffee we heart:

Equal Exchange Coffee


Organic Coffee Company



Organic Green Mountain Coffee



This is such a small list of readily available green coffee there are many, many more. Lately we have been loving local organic roasted beans from our co-op!


Have you gone green with your coffee? What is your favorite "green" coffee, I'd love try it!

I linked up with:
House of Hepworths, Finger Prints on the Fridge, Shabby Nest, Thirty Handmade Days, Whipper Berry, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Clean and Scentsible, Be Different Act Normal, Young and Crafty, Tatertots and Jello, I Heart Naptime, Stylish Once Again


  

* I was not compensated for this post just lurve me some coffee!

1 comments:

Doreen said...

Hi Rachael,
Just hopped over from Friday Flair Link Party. We are coffee soulmates! Would love for you to come by for a visit and a cup o' joe. In fact, I have a special post just for National Coffee Day also. Hope to "meet" you soon.
http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com/2011/09/happy-national-coffee-day.html

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...