Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spicy Veggie Bake

It was a crazy Sunday.  We moved everything out of the garage to clean it and decided it would be a good idea to paint it!  We were also running around getting ready for vacation and the hubs parents came to visit.  Whew!  When dinner time came I needed a something that did not require a lot of prep work.  I searched around in the fridge and found whatever we had left: half an onion, an eight ball squash, a zucchini, a beet, a hot pepper, and five red potatoes.  The best part is all the produce was locally grown YUM!!
(Don't you just love the faux wood countertops! ..ugh)

So I chopped everything up and put it in a 9 x 13 with some EVOO and pepper.  It went in the oven for 40 minutes.  (I took it out around 30 minutes and stirred).  It turned out DELISH!
The beet and EVOO made a nice glaze over the vegetables and the hot pepper added some nice heat!  A vegetable bake is one of my go last minute dinners that I can make with whatever is left in the fridge.
Do you have a go to last minute dinner? Or a dinner you make when there’s little left in the fridge?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...