Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Like On Vaca!


My family and I just got back from vacation in Ocracoke NC.  If you don't know of Ocracoke it is a tiny little island off the southern tip of Cape Hatteras in the Outer Banks!  I.love.it.there!  It is everything a vacation should be, laid back and quiet (no chain stores or restaurants or huge condos towering over the beach).  There are 16 miles of relatively untouched beaches (National Seashore).  No huge beach crowds. 


 Tiny little shops dot the town and are full of fabulous and unique things.  And the main mode of transportation, bicycling, yay! for the environment...we did not use our car all week!  


Although the mosquitoes are bad (and I got extra bit up going to Portsmouth Island aka Mosquitoville) it was worth it to be able to sit on a beach with no crowds.  Ahhhh I miss it already 8 ).  We had a fabulous rental house on a oyster shell lane ( supposedly a very haunted street eek!) and stayed out on our screened in porch playing games and drinking wine.


 ...if you get a chance to take a trip to Ocracoke I highly recommend it!



 
Now time to snap out of vacation bliss and get to cleaning this dirty house...Yikes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...